How to Clean Boxing Gloves
If you want your boxing gloves to last longer, be in better condition and not to generate bad odors, you must learn how to clean your boxing gloves. In our Drako Blog, we will give you some recommendations to keep your gloves in the best possible condition and extend their life.
Preventive care for your boxing gloves
- Let them Dry – Get the gloves out of a gym bag as soon as possible, to let them breathe and dry. The sweat that remains inside the glove is one of the main causes of bad odors and the deterioration of your gloves.
- If you have a fan or a well-ventilated area, take the opportunity to leave them hanging in that place
- Letting them dry in the sun for a half of hour or near an open window
Even if you don’t sanitize and clean the gloves you should let them dry out between workouts.
A faster way to do this is by stuffing them with newspaper or paper sheets. You just need to crinkle up into two loose balls and stuff as far as possible into each glove. Do not forget to check them continuously to replace with new paper sheet when become saturated with moisture. 
- Hand wraps – will keep your gloves drier and cleaner; these will absorb sweat and dirt from your hands and reduce the moisture that remains in the glove. Do not forget that you should also clean and dry the hand wraps, otherwise, they will also start to stink.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Clean – It is important that you disinfect your gloves because the bacteria that you have on your hands plus the sweat that is produced is trapped inside the glove. This creates the perfect environment for bacteria to grow causing bad odors. If you want to extend the life of your gloves and avoid them smelling, it is important that you know how to clean your boxing gloves.
Grab a paper towel or cloth and rub the outside of the glove to remove dirt. Then wrap your hand in the towel and stick that hand into the glove. Move your hand around to wipe sweat and dirt from inside the glove and repeat with the other glove.
If you forgot to let your gloves dry and they begin to smell, the following methods will help you:
Apple Cider Vinegar – To clean the inside of the boxing gloves you can use apple cider vinegar. It is very effective in removing the smell. Put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in your hand and rub it inside of the glove. Let the gloves dry overnight and the next day there will be no more smell. IF the bad smell continues you can repeat this process.
Freeze your boxing gloves – Although it sounds strange, it is a very effective method. You should put your gloves in a plastic bag and place them in the freezer overnight. Remove the next day and air dry.
Antibacterial Sprays – It is not the recommended method, rather it is in case in some occasion you did not have time to do the previous methods, these sprays will kill germs and bacteria and cover the bad smell. Just spray anti-bacterial spray in them and place them in an open area
  https://www.theroar.com.au/2016/03/01/clean-boxing-gloves/